Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Beginning

Ever become interested in something, you pursue it for a while until it's no longer easy for
whatever reason(s); slowly you loose interest, until perhaps you have but a vague memory of why you were interested in it, maybe you forget why all-together.

I've been doing this sort of thing most of my life so far.

Why do I loose interest and move on so often?

Is it because there's no more useful knowledge I can obtain from the something?
Has it stopped serving a purpose of some sort?

From my observations, it has always been my lack of motivation to pursue it further; when the my interests have anything but peaked. No interest to feed the motivation, but interest is just one of motivation's favorite foods.

When I move on to being mildly committed to another something, I'm exercising the same mental habit/mechanism I was previously, though I might learn a thing or two about a new subject, what good is it if I keep using this same type of thought in everything I do?

Trying the same thing... Expecting different results? (If expecting at all!)

How will I ever advance if I don't change this about myself?


I need to know what it is like to not only be interested in something, but to hold my attention to it even when I'm not particularly interested, or I feel drawn elsewhere; I need to break through this wall and keep myself from becoming distracted by whatever reasons I am presented with.

I need to commit to an act and be with it, from the beginning to the end.




Like a baby, I start small.

No comments:

Post a Comment